MPyRe - Music Python Ripper
Mpyre is a Python Script that interfaces with several popular audio
utilities and attempts to integrate them into a single, easy to use music
Mpyre is available for download on
our Project Page.
As the program is currently at the Alpha stage your help and feedback is
- Reads the CDDB server and grabs disc info
- Rips the CD with CDParanoia in secure ripping mode
- Compresses the wav files with your favorite encoder
- Adjusts output levels with replaygain (MP3gain for MP3s)
- Writes ID3v1 and Apev2 tags to MP3 Files
- Renames the files to match the track # and song title
- Currently works with the Linux OS
- This project is in the alpha stage of development,
not all features are implemented
- Your feedback is appreciated
- Add support for OGG Vorbis, Musepack, and Flac
- Generate TOC/Cue files
- Generate m3u playlist
- Generate checksum file
- Generate log file
- Implement Audio CD buring with CDRDAO
- Other stuff that I've probably forgotten right now.
- The first milestone beta will be able to do the above from the command
line in Linux
- The second milestone beta will be able to do all from the command line
on Linux, Unix, OS X, and windows
- Mpyre v.1 Gold will include installers for Windows, Gentoo, and Debian.
- Version 2 will work on creating a wxWidgets Graphical User Interface
Visit the project page for more information.